Revision Date – August 27, 2020
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“Personal Information” is any information which can identify an individual or through which an individual’s identity can be deduced, and which is disclosed to us or which we create within the context of our relationship with the individual. Please note that Personal Information does not include information which does not relate to an identified individual nor does it include an individual’s name, title, business address or business telephone number (i.e. “business card information”).
WHY DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In serving the needs of the Company and its employees, contractors and customers, it is important that the Company has accurate information. The Company may collect Personal Information in order to:
• establish your identity;
• understand your needs for, and determine your suitability for, products and services;
• provide services to you and process payments for your account;
• inform you of new products and services;
• establish and maintain an employment or contractor relationship; and
• adhere to legal requirements.
HOW WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED?
The Company may use Personal Information in order to:
• personalize your experience and allow the Company to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
• improve our website in order to better serve you;
• administer, maintain and improve our relationship with you;
• comply with legal, regulatory and other obligations; and
• carry out our business operations.
WHEN MIGHT PERSONAL INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED?
The Company may disclose Personal Information in order to:
• administer and maintain any employment/contractor relationship;
• administer and maintain benefits and payroll;
• make hiring decisions;
• submit quotes or proposals to prospective customers or clients; and
• explore and/or undertake corporate opportunities, including a merger, acquisition, amalgamation, IPO, reorganization or sale of the Company, including the due diligence process and the transfer of information through to closing of any such transaction.
HOW DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your Personal Information at the time you become a new customer, client, supplier, employee or contractor of the Company and thereafter when we communicate with you. For example, we collect your Personal Information through:
• your responses to surveys or forms on our Site;
• your discussions with our employees and contractors; and
• your visits to our website and/or intranet.
HOW DOES THE COMPANY PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Safeguards, security systems and processes are in place to protect your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, use, or modification, whether on-site or off-site. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have been designated with such authority and only to the extent necessary to accomplish the objectives we’ve described above, or to the Company’s relevant benefits. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.Furthermore, the Company agrees to take reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information. Please note that the Company is not liable to you for any damages resulting from unauthorized access of Personal Information as long as reasonable precautions have been met. The right to determine what “reasonable precautions” are remains solely with the Company. In the event that it is determined that the Company did not take reasonable precautions in relation to your Personal Information, you agree that the maximum cumulative aggregate liability of the Company is limited to fifty dollars ($50.00) or the licensing fees paid in the current year of the term as specified in the Client Order, whichever is greater.
HOW LONG WILL THE COMPANY RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION?
We retain your information for only so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected. Your Personal Information will be destroyed once it is no longer needed by us and once all requirements at law have been met.
HAVE YOU CONSENTED?
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your Personal Information, hard copy or electronic, is accessible to you. However, if your information is combined with information of others, you will not be granted access to such information unless we are able to segment your Personal Information. If your request for Personal Information entails a significant cost due to time, resources or copying, there may be a charge.
Our website may employ the use of “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small line of data that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can track how and when you use a site. A cookie does not damage your system and identifies your browser, not you personally. If you do not wish to receive a cookie, you should use the options in your web browser to disable the function. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, or should you wish to review your Personal Information, please contact Lisa Hallsworth at 218 Avonlough Rd., Belleville, ON, K8P 5G4; firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to remove cookies specifically from our website please click the button below.